Psychiatric Rehabilitation Association
You are here
As a member, you help PRA advance the availability and practice of psychiatric rehabilitation. Through growing and training the recovery workforce, PRA works to ensure that all individuals with mental illness have access to the resources they need to recover. Your support is the key to ensuring PRA serves as the “go-to” organization supporting you and the psychiatric rehabilitation field and community, including offering career-spanning education and training opportunities.
What your colleagues and peers have to say
“As an occupational therapy practitioner and educator, my affiliation with PRA has been an invaluable resource. Specializing in mental health practice, my affiliation with PRA has kept me close to the most relevant research and news related to recovery-oriented practices. My PRA membership opens my world to a transdisciplinary community of practitioners, peers, and educators who are as passionate as I am. And my CPRP certification has bolstered my credibility as a mental health OT practitioner among my OT colleagues.” - David M. Merlo, MS, COTA, CPRP, ROH
Your membership delivers valuable tools to help you advance your career:
- Psychiatric Rehabilitation Journal (PRJ): Published quarterly through a partnership with the American Psychological Association, PRJ features articles about innovative PSR programming, research, best practices, and abstracts of current literature - a $166 value.
- Check It Out & Recovery Update: Stay current on the field of psych rehab through PRA’s e-newsletters.
- Publications: PRA offers a number of books specific to the field of psych rehab at a discount for members.
- Events & Trainings: Taking advantage of discounted registration for multiple online and live training events, including the PRA Annual Wellness and Recovery Summit, allows you to earn continuing education credit for the CPRP and CFRP, as well as a variety of other certifications.
- Advance your career by becoming a Certified Psychiatric Rehabilitation Practitioner (CPRP) or Child and Family Resilency Practitioner (CFRP): Members receive discounts on all fees associated with the CPRP and CFRP program, including the exam application and recertification. You can save $100 on the application fee alone!
- Networking: Connect with colleagues in the field to share information and ideas by participating in PRA Committees and networking with a state chapter.
- Volunteer Opportunities: Volunteer with PRA and connect with a vast, diverse community of peers and colleagues.
- Discounts: PRA members receive significant discounts on all products and services including books, educational events, conferences and credentialing programs.